OSSIE-DISCUSS@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

OSSIE-DISCUSS Home

OSSIE-DISCUSS  November 2009

OSSIE-DISCUSS November 2009

Re: Problem installing ossie with usrp

Thomas Tsou <[log in to unmask]>

ossie-discuss Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:02:11 -0500

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Ulrika Uppman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm new to ossie and I'm hoping for some help understanding why the configuration and installation of ossie fails.
>
> I'm running on Ubuntu 9.04 and have already gnuradio 3.2 installed and running. When installing ossie I changed the default install-path and applied the patch to use gnuradio 3.2 (previously posted in this forum: http://listserv.vt.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0911&L=ossie-discuss&T=0&I=-3&P=1140 ), but other than that I just ran the build-script.
>
> The build script sais:
> configure: error: cannot find usrp libraries
> FAILED: configure
> ERROR: building platform/USRP failed
>
> I'm guessing it is the already installed usrp libraries that isn't found since they aren't installed in the default path, but where in the installation/configuration code or what variables should I change in order to make the ossie installation build correctly? (The gnuradio pkgconfig folder is visible in PKG_CONFIG_PATH.)

Yes, the patch doesn't use pkgconfig to find the usrp libs, so you
will need to add your install directory to the search path. You can do
this by setting appropriate environment variables - see CPPFLAGS. Run
./configure --help for details.

Alternatively, you can easily modify the USRP configure.ac to use
pkgconfig by removing the existing usrp bits and adding the following
line outside of the C++ block. Then rerun ./reconf.

PKG_CHECK_MODULES(USRP, usrp > 3.2)

Hope that helps. I'm traveling at the moment so my time and access is
rather limited.

  Thomas