Help for OSSIE-DEV Archives

OSSIE-DEV Archives

OSSIE-DEV@LISTSERV.VT.EDU

OSSIE-DEV Home

OSSIE-DEV  July 2009

OSSIE-DEV July 2009

Re: using OSSIE waveform for my own board (DSP/FPGA)

Shereef Sayed <[log in to unmask]>

ossie-dev Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:22:47 -0400

WARNING!!! (from dagger.cc.vt.edu)

The following message attachments were flagged by the antivirus scanner:

Attachment [2.2] Carrick_Thesis.doc, scan failed: Scan engine error.  Action taken: incomplete scan

Asad, actually, we do. A recent graduate did his thesis targeting the Xilinx ML403. The attached document is a draft copy of his thesis. I think you will find much of his work useful, particularly the Appendices where he describes the steps he took to target the ML403. You should find most of his work to be repeatable. Additionally, you can visit http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/trac/wiki/ML403 or http://ossie.wireless.vt.edu/trac/wiki/BeagleBoard_DSPLink for more information. We will be updating these wiki pages as we refine OSSIEs ability to target embedded platforms. We are currently in the process of our next release that will include new features specifically for targeting embedded platforms. Look for it around September/October. For the moment, we plan to target the Xilinx ML403 and the BeagleBoard (rev. 6). However, you should be able to follow similar steps to cross-compile OSSIE for any platform. Let us know if you need additional information/assistance. -Shereef Sayed Quoting Asad Mahmood <[log in to unmask]>: > hi there, > > i wanted to know if you have some documentation/thesis available on > how to add a new board's (DSP/FPGA) support to the OSSIE environment. > > > regards > asad >