Re: import Pegasus Mail

Anant Patil <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:39:55 -0500

Hi Norm,

askSam does not have a direct import filter for Pegasus. However, there is
a way to import Pegasus email files.

We've currently integrated a product called "TextPipe Pro" into askSam 5.1.
TextPipe Pro is a powerful data manipulation tool that lets you pre-process
Text, HTML, and XML files as you import them into askSam.

With TextPipe Pro you can create your own filters specific to your needs.
While importing emails, you will select the filter, select files and then
emails will be imported into askSam.

You will need a copy of askSam 5.1 (currently under RC1 phase) as well as
TextPipe for askSam. You can download both products from -
http://www.asksam.com/beta/default.asp

In future, we will make commonly used TextPipe filters available on our
website for TextPipe users.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to post a message to this
ListServ if I can answer any questions.

Thanks
Anant