Double-spacing issue

Bonnie Britt <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:03:31 -0800

Along similar lines, this was not always true but has become true in the
last few incarnations of askSam and applies to plain text documents,
single-spaced, and stripped of formatting. When I select, cut and paste a
document from askSam into Outlook Express or Word, the result is that one
space is added to every line, which is annoying. Sometimes the added line
space occurs between hard returns. But when I drop the selection first into
UltraEdit, change one letter, and format it, (I know it sounds complex but
it is a series of quick moves) then move it to either Word or Outlook
Express, no extra lines are added. Although this is much less serious than
dropping bombs on a non-aggressor nation, I would prefer if there were a way
to control the extra line spacing from within askSam.
Peace.

Bonnie Britt