TextPipe Evaluation Comments

Timothy King <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:27:51 -0800

I am a programmer who needs to do search and replaces on a large amount of code in a number of subdirectories, so I was looking forward to trying out TextPipe.

I have to say that the evaluation is so crippled that it is impossible to tell if the product is any good.  The only thing you can do with it is type some text in a box and apply a filter to it.  It does not even allow you to select files for processing, much less output the results.

If I could really try it and it worked, I would be happy to pay the $99, but instead I'll spend a couple of  hours writing some perl or awk scripts to do the same thing.

Also, why is it called an askSam evaluation when there doesn't seem to be any discount for askSam users?

Someone please correct me if  I'm wrong.

Tim King