Re: import Pegasus Mail

Bruce Ritchie <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:48:23 -0500

Hi Norm,

I export Pegasus files to Text files in a sub-directory. Then I import the
text files into Asksam. The big issue is stripping selected headers and
marking the beginning of the "Message" section. I have done this for about
7 years and built a huge on-line WebPublisher database on Fetal Alcohol
Spectrum Disorders (70,000+ letters and articles). I have to strip certain
identifying headers for security reasons for foster families. Asksam
certainly permitted me to do that.

As Asksam does have a specific filter for Eudora, I made the switch a few
months ago and am testing it out. So far, so good.

Bruce RItchie
ACBR.COM
Asksam VAR, Canada

At 07:28 AM 2/2/03, nlamoure wrote:
>Hi
>I am reviewing Ask Sam 5 for my computer club.
>Can Ask Sam import Pegasus files (.pm$), I would think so since
>they are just individual text files.
>
>Thanks
>Norm
>Information Sarnia Lambton
>- Visit me - http://www2.ebtech.net/~nlamoure/index.htm
>- Information Sarnia Lambton - http://www.informsarnialambton.org
>- Sarnia Computer Users' Group - http://www.sarnia.com/scug
>- Lawrence House Centre for the Arts - http://www.lawrencehouse.ca
>- Good computer website - http://www.techtv.com
>
>              "Looking for Star Wars and View Masters ! "
>                    Also any U.S. state quarters.

Bruce Ritchie
WWW.ACBR.COM
Advanced Communications & Business Resources
2445 Old Lakeshore Road
Bright's Grove, Ontario  N0N 1C0
Phone & Fax: (519) 869-8026
Toll Free: (877) 213-3115
Cell Phone: (519) 331-9945
Website: http://www.acbr.com
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Above all, never lose your sense of humour.
Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.