Assistance please - file recovery

David Wilson <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:24:08 +1100

Help!
I upgraded to askSam 5.1 from 5.0, and uninstalled as requested before
downloading and installing.
To my horror, I have now lost EVERY file I had stored under the directory
askSam5 (I had 5 subdirectories and a total of about 40 very valuable data
files I use in my business).
Foolishly I had not first made a cop of the akSam5 directory, and there was
no warning to do so. I would not have thought that user data files would be
deleted in the uninstall process.
Recovering from (the unsystematic and infrequent backups) will be a
nightmare.
Interestingly, Windows Explorer still has the lost files displaying as
usual, but I cannot access them.
I recall that there might me some commercial software to help me undelete
these deleted files? Can someone please help me?

Health to you!
David Wilson
Prahran Naturopathic, Melbourne,  Australia
www.users.bigpond.com/deedub/prahran.htm