Betr.: failed import of pdf file

Marcel Slothouber <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Wed, 12 Feb 2003 16:22:04 +0100

Hi Frank,

I think it s a problem I  experienced as well.

It s possible that the file you tried to import is a graphic
*.pdf-file. AskSam should only able to import textual *.pdf-files.

Sometimes it s possible to import graphic *.pdf-files, but according
to the AskSam company that s a bug. Whether you can import a graphic
*.pdf-file or not most likely depends on the (scan)quality of the file.

Hope I helped.

Greetings,

Marcel Slothouber
Netherlands

>>> [log in to unmask] 12-02 15:40 >>>
Hi,
I tried to import a pdf file in AS 5.1 but got only the commentary (1
line) translated into text, and a pagebreak. The pdf file consists of
newspaper text with one heading and 3 columns below.
Any idea how to treat this error ?
Thank you
/Frank Thomas

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail is strictly confidential and is intended solely for the
addressee. It is prohibited for unauthorized persons to utilize the
information contained within this e-mail. If you receive this e-mail
and you are not the addressee, then please delete it from your system
and notify the person who sent it to you.