Re: buggy "Count"-command

Florian Gehrke <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Fri, 7 Feb 2003 06:32:44 -0500

Julian,

I cannot confirm this in AS5 (German edition). See the small JULIAN.ASK I
mailed to to you.

Given a notes[ field that contains entries like...

   notes[ Antony Bertha Conny
   notes[ 1 2

{count} commands like this will output...

{count} notes[ = 2  All documents with two entries in notes[
{count} notes[ > 2  All documents with more than two entries in notes[

You have to insert a blank space between field-name, operator and the
numeric search. Omitting the blank space, will provide erratic results.

Yours, Flo

Now also join the German askSam forum at  http://ratman.at
(see Interaktiv --> Foren --> Besondere Foren --> AskSam)
Postings in English are highly appreciated as well !