Re: askSam 5.1 IMAP email Import

William Stewart <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 07:15:16 -0500

Dwaine:

I didn't have any luck with this, either. I eventually returned to importing
email through Outlook, which connects to an IMAP server. I find that this
works very well. Is there any reason why you can't do the same?

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Dwaine Maggart
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 4:04 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: askSam 5.1 IMAP email Import

I looked through the archive for a solution to this, and only found a
few other people with the same problem, and no solution. I am a brand
new askSam user, and am trying this on the 30 day eval. My main desire
is to use it for email archiving. I've set up an IMAP email profile, and
in the process of setting that up, I was able to see a list of all my
IMAP folders, and select the ones I wanted. So I'm pretty sure askSam is
connecting to the IMAP server, or I couldn't see the folder list.
However, when I press the IMPORT button, it immediately goes back to the
main email page, and appears to do nothing. I normally use Outlook for
access to the IMAP server, and I made sure that was closed before I
attempted the askSam import.

The askSam version number is 5.1.2.625

The IMAP server is on my local network, running on a Redhat 7.1 machine.

Anyone have any luck making this work yet?

Regards,
Dwaine