Re: import Pegasus Mail

Phil Schnyder <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Tue, 4 Feb 2003 08:32:25 -0500

TIm,

When TextPipe is installed, you can choose a "USE FILTER" option in the askSam import dialog. This will run TextPipe and pre-process the files that you've selected to import into askSam.

The IMPORT dialog also contains a button that allows you to activate TextPipe and create or edit scripts.

We've used TextPipe to create scripts for different types of data:
        - Anant made a script to bring Email from Pegasus into askSam
        - I made a script to extract data from gov't reports for a journalist
        - We created scripts to extract specific fielded info from HTML pages (resumes, bibliographical info)
        - We used TextPipe to process some XML and bring it into askSam.

Once the script is created, you can activate it as you're importing the information

Phil

askSam Systems                                                          Perry, FL (The Silicon Swamp)
http://www.askSam.com/                                                                          850-584-6590
                     askSam: Turn Information into Searchable Databases
                                       Try it at: http://www.askSam.com