SurfSaver Crash when downloading mult pages

Phil Schnyder <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:36:57 -0500

I installed an automatic Windows update on my Win2000 machine today.

Each time I do this, I check saving multiple pages in SurfSaver to see if Microsoft has corrected the problem.

After my latest update, IE is still crashing, but I'm getting a new error message from Microsoft:

"Microsoft Internext Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Microsoft Internet Explorer. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous."

There are button in this dialog to Debug, Send Error Report, and Don't Send.

I've had this message appear in IE before, but never in conjunction with the SurfSaver multi-page download. If anyone else if getting this message, please send the error report. I'm certain that the more of these they get, the higher priority they'll put on fixing it.

We're looking at ways we can fix this in SurfSaver, but it will most likely involve writing a component that performs the browser tasks of accessing, downloading, and assembling the Web pages.

Thanks,

Phil

askSam Systems                                                          Perry, FL (The Silicon Swamp)
http://www.askSam.com/                                                                          850-584-6590
                     askSam: Turn Information into Searchable Databases
                                       Try it at: http://www.askSam.com