Re: ASKSAM-L Digest - 16 Feb 2003 to 17 Feb 2003 (#2003-44)

"Michael F. Riebschläger" <[log in to unmask]>

For users of askSam: A Free-form Information Manager

Tue, 18 Feb 2003 15:23:44 +0100

Dear Peter,

if you ask my mind this is due to the fact that the askSam import DLL ist statically linked to the mapi32.dll, which wasn't the case before.

There are several scenarios, therefore:

Check whether you can find mapi32.dll in your winnt\system32 directory.
If it's not there it's the reason why the asksam import dll won't load.

If it is there check the properties of this file. askSam uses certain functions in that dll that are included with the Microsoft Outlook versions of that dll, that might not be present in a mapi32.dll from another email program. You can see in the properties dialog (on the version tab) where the dll comes from.

Let us know what is the case on your machine. Anyway I think the static link to mapi32.dll has to be removed by askSam development because you cannot rely on that dll being present on each system. It should only be loaded into memory when you actually try to import email.

Hope that helps,

Felix
Die vCard -  Ihr neues Kennzeichen  -  bei WEB.DE FreeMail!
http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021156